Wednesday 13 February 2008

Make money with your ASSETS

I have just been reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, as well as being a fascinating story, it makes it clear how the rich deal get rich and the poor remain poor. The author had two fathers- one was an academic who worked hard for a living but was always having to work harder to keep up payments on his house, his son's education etc. The other father was a self made wealthy man who made his money work for him.

Personally I feel that providing reasonable pay and conditions for employees and taking care of the environment are important, too. However, the principal of not relying solely on your job for income and security I think is very wise. For true security you need to recognise and build up your assets so that you make your money work hard for you, so you can have a safety net if your income as an employee were to stop. In these times, employment can suddenly change or even stop.

It is increasingly important to build a multi-stream income and the internet makes this much easier than it used to be. For example, this blog has links to my mini-sites where I can make a small income from referrals to cashback sites and from sales of books on Amazon. At the moment this is a tiny passive income as it takes a while for people who I've referred to build up enough points on the cashback sites to trigger my affiliate income.

I am still learning ways to build traffic to my sites, in other words- this is my on-line income education and I can experiment without it costing any money and I stand to make money in the long run.

Here's how you can SAVE money!
Here's how you can MAKE money or get stuff for FREE!
Here's some great EBAY INSIDER secrets!
The AMAZING Derren Brown
Me as Alexkazam the magic man!

No comments: