Monday 3 March 2008

From clutter to cash!

Over the last week to ten days I have been clearing the build up of clutter in my study by selling on Ebay and on Amazon.

I expect you're all very familiar with Ebay, you've probably bought things from the site, possibly sold, too. Do you know the best ways to generate interest to you auctions? The link at the top of this blog lifts the lid on a few Ebay secrets, for example, did you know you can get cashback when you buy something on Ebay? Check out my Ebay insider and magic money mini sites (Squidoo lenses) for more details.

I have also sold two books within a week of listing them on Amazon, the trick here is to keep your prices competitive, this included selling one book for a penny! If you're unfamiliar with the penny listing trick- here's how it works: Amazon pays a set postal rate (currently £2.75) so, if the book is light and the real cost of postage is low, you make a profit on the postage! Obviously, if you get the book very cheaply, this works out OK.

Whilst my income from these sales is small, it's a nice way to turn clutter into cash and gain some experience at the same time.

I mentioned Robert Kiyosaki's brilliant book Rich Dad, Poor Dad
I cannot recommend this enough if you want a clear, concise and engaging explanation of why and how you can get control of your finances instead of having your finances dictate to you how to live your life.

No comments: