Wednesday 26 March 2008

Grow your business with context and content

MAGIC MONEY!

Continuing from last blog about Robert Kiyosaki's book "Rich dad's retire young, retire rich"- another concept that has really got me thinking is the concept of expanding your concept. In other words- thinking bigger than you do currently, by thinking bigger and challenging yourself to leave your comfort zone, you can build greater wealth. This isn't overnight growth, but by thinking on a bigger scale you can get bigger results- with the right planning!

I'm pretty sure this concept is what took many of todays entrepreneurs from a cottage industry in the shed to a global player. Again, this concept needn't be confined to making more money, it applied to charities, movements and pressure groups. A larger context requires greater leverage, too.

Robert is very candid about his unsuccessful as well as his successful businesses, which is very important. I think many highly successful people today have failed many times before they succeeded- but, they know that failing is a great way to learn more and they continue until they succeed.

Robert also says that having an "exit plan" is vital- in other words, where do you want to end up? Many people, myself included, try a few things out here and there but don't have a plan where they want to be in, say, ten or twenty years time. Naturally, if you go for a long voyage without a map or destination, you can end up nowhere at all!

Robert's books have sound financial principles and lessons- my slant on wealth generation is to build a big enough passive income to allow me to do more of what I like and less that I don't. I want to do it with ecological principles where possible- this is no easy path to follow, but it is the path I choose.

No comments: